The election is in 33 days! Check if you’re registered to vote. If you have to, update your address (and be patient — see Local News below) and signature. Want to receive your ballot in a language other than English? You can do that!
The sea.citi Team
- Amazon is donating an additional $2.5M to aid underserved Seattle-area students.
- Diversity Window launched to help companies take action on diversity and inclusion.
- Protocol interviewed Twitter’s Chief Design Officer, Dantley Davis, about building the most diverse team in tech.
- TikTok launched an in-app 2020 elections guide and new misinformation and media literacy tools.
- Donate your old laptop — sea.citi, Seattle Chamber and WTIA are spearheading a laptop drive.
- Volunteer if you are a person of color — Fred Hutch is looking to diversify its volunteers for a COVID-19 study. You can also volunteer with the COVID-19 Prevention Network.
- Get a New Job or Host a Booth at the New Tech Job Fair on October 29.
- Apply if you have a meaningful connection or expertise — Seattle Public Schools is recruiting new members for the Superintendent’s Reopening Plan Task Force.
- Attend Seattle City Club’s Virtual Civic Boot Camps about Racial Equity and Systemic Racism on October 2 and October 9.
- Learn the art of skepticism at this PacSci event.
- Celebrate Latinx Heritage Month by Lunch[ing] Like It Matters on October 9.
- Watch Tiny Kitchen.
- Mayor Jenny Durkan proposed her 2021 budget.
- Your anxiety could be delaying your voter registration.
- Seattle adopted a minimum wage for Uber and Lyft drivers.
- Boeing may consolidate 787 production in S.C., leaving Everett.
- You can legally coast your bike through stop signs in Washington state.
sea.citi Roadmap to Recovery Series
IN TWO WEEKS: Join us for a conversation with David Keyes, Seattle’s Digital Equity Manager, about the City’s efforts to bridge the digital divide with universal access to the internet across the city. Thursday, October 15, 12:00-12:30pm. REGISTER NOW