We are heartbroken this week about the leaked draft opinion from the Supreme Court, signaling their intention to overturn 50 years of legal precedence and strip access to abortion to millions of Americans. Learn more about what this decision would mean in Washington State and make a contribution to local advocacy groups (Pro-Choice Washington) and abortion funds (NW Abortion Access Fund) here at home. And of course, make sure you are voting in every election and confirm that your voter registration is up to date.
Tech for Good Updates
- Microsoft president commits $5M to campaign to restore UW’s historic ‘Boys in the Boat’ Shell House.
- Starlink’s new Portability feature brings internet to van lifers.
- In Pinterest’s 2021 Inclusion and Diversity Report, the company found that women make up 51 percent of its workforce and account for 33 percent of leadership roles.
- Amazon will pay US staff travel expenses for abortions and other treatments.
- Yelp and Meta’s Sandberg respond to draft opinion that would strike down Roe v. Wade
- 8 ways the tech industry can step up to protect abortion rights.
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Talk about reproductive healthcare access in the PNW
- Check out the 15 coolest items from the world’s largest Star Wars collection
- Join Volunteers Across the City for One Seattle Day of Service
- Explore Seattle Public Library’s collection of Japanese American photographer Frank Kunishige’s artistic textura tissue photographs.
- Celebrate Mom – here’s a list of Seattle-Area Family Outings events to peruse