As this year’s election nears, now is the time to study up on the candidates and we’re here to help.
Tech for Good Updates
- Facebook is helping local businesses drive traffic to their websites as people pass by their storefronts
- Hive partnered with mobile video game SpongeBob: Krusty Cook-Off so gamers can fight malnutrition as they play
- Tableau partnered with local civic nonprofit City Club to highlight important community data during the Seattle Mayoral debates
- Microsoft showed improvement on its annual racial diversity numbers following their 2020 racial justice pledges
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Apply to this reverse pitch if you work on 5G
- Eat Drink and Be Generous!
- Meet the Mayoral Candidates
- Join PeaceTrees Virtually
- Attend social justice events at the Library
- Learn about Sprinklegate
- Create marketing copy in seconds
- The former WSU football coach is headed to court to challenge Washington’s vaccine mandate
- Across King County there will be vaccine verifications for nearly all businesses and public gathering places, starting Monday, but it may not be that straightforward
- Seattle Public Schools suspended 142 bus routes – mostly in North Seattle – as the shortage of drivers increases in the wake of the vaccine mandate
Meet the Candidates for Seattle City Attorney: Thomas-Kennedy versus Davison
What does the Seattle City Attorney do? There’s some debate about the answer from the candidates for City Attorney about the duties of the job they both want. Nicole Thomas-Kennedy and Ann Davison knocked the incumbent out of the race in the primary.
Learn more about these two candidates in what’s shaping up to be one of the more exciting races in the latest installment of our Candid Candidates voter guide.