Between the rain, wind, and flooding, it has definitely been a rough start to autumn.
We’ll be taking a short break from emails and community updates as we celebrate our friends and family during Thanksgiving.
Also this week we’ll be reading, “Rethinking Thanksgiving Celebrations: Native Perspectives on Thanksgiving” an important reminder to practice cultural sensitivity during this holiday.
See you in December! Stay dry and safe.
Tech for Good Updates
- Heliogen and Bloom Energy are on the path to making greener, more affordable hydrogen fuel
- Salesforce donated $1.45b worth of pro bono support and products this year
- Day 1 Families Fund awarded $96 million in grants to organizations helping families experiencing homelessness, including two organizations in the Seattle area
- AWS launches Skills Center in Seattle, boosts efforts to give free cloud training to 29M people
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Hack to give thanks this weekend
- Apply before tomorrow 11.19 for the SDOT Transportation Equity Workgroup
- Learn about grants to bring culturally relevant food and knowledge to your community
- Represent your BIPOC community, learn about Project LEAD
- Get free one-on-one help with your job and unemployment questions online or by phone
- Ready, Set, Read!
- Climb a rock with your family
- Make new friends ice skating
- Find restaurants serving Thanksgiving dinner, brunch, or lunch
- High-speed rail may be in our future with Washington, Oregon, and BC signing a new pact across Cascadia
- The redistricting commission failed to meet its deadline, now the WA Supreme Court will take on the ‘once in a decade’ task
- The trillion-dollar infrastructure bill that Biden just signed has big implications for Washington State