Election results are rolling in and it looks like the elections favored incumbents and moderate candidates. Checking to make sure your vote counted is always a worthwhile activity.
Tech for Good Updates
- Amazon partners with UCLA on science hub focusing on AI and its social impact
- Google, Salesforce, Uber, PWC, and other tech companies have teamed up to increase workplace diversity through collective action
- Google partnered with Community Colleges and Universities to provide free access to skill training and college credits
- Salesforce and its founder are contributing $300 million to support urgent climate action and climate justice
- AWS teamed up with PacSci to light historic arches near Climate Pledge Arena every time the Kraken score
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Create shared prosperity in our local community
- Learn about the Food Equity Fund
- What Does it Mean to Be Indigenous in the 21st Century?
- Join the Seattle Arts Commission
- Support caregivers of seniors/veterans
- Be the tutor you wish you had
- Meditate for world peace
- Celebrate Veterans Day, plus other fun things to do this week
- Set your clocks back 1 hour on Sunday
- Vaccines for 5 to 11-year-olds are on their way, passing all the regulatory hurdles. Here’s what you should know if you’re a parent
- Progressives on the ropes? 5 takeaways from Seattle’s election night returns
- New data shows Seattle is the most anxious city in the country, congratulations to us all
Learn more about these two candidates in what’s shaping up to be one of the more exciting races in the latest installment of our Candid Candidates voter guide.