Did you vote on Tuesday? Here’s how the elections are shaking out. Speaking of voting, last week we featured Seattle Approves and wanted to provide a related plug for FairVote Washington, ranked choice voting currently making its way through the legislature. Whatever happens with these initiatives, make sure you vote!
Tech for Good Updates
- Amazon delivered $1.9 million to the University of Washington to collaborate on a new robotics science hub, sourcing real world challenges from Amazon Robotics AI
- MacKenzie Scott donated $133 million to Communities in Schools (partners of sea.citi) to provide students in-school supports
- Strip Malls could help solve America’s housing shortages and provide needed affordable housing
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Learn about the current legislative process easily
- Apply for matching dollars from the Neighborhood Matching Fund when initiating, planning, and implementing projects that strengthen your community.
- Feed teens, drop off meal volunteer Opportunity
- Self-guide yourself through Seattle following the historical “Negro Motorist Green Book”
- Smell the flowers at the The Northwest Flower & Garden Festival
- WA Governor Inslee’s Office is discussing when to lift mask mandates with public comments planned for next week
- Some Mazda owners in Western Washington are now stuck listening to KUOW whether they like it or not
- Experts predict a ‘long, winding road’ to get past COVID but some wonder if we’re seeing the end of the pandemic