We hope you find social-distancing-compliant ways to get out into the beautiful weather predicted for this week. Need a screen-based distraction when being outside is not an option? Use your keyboard to create animated sounds or turn your words into music.
The sea.citi Team
HOW TECH COMPANIES ARE SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES
- Google and Apple have partnered on COVID-19 contact tracing technology.
- Microsoft Store employees are helping people remotely. The company is also committing $35 million in tech and cloud support to its ongoing aid of nonprofits on the front lines of the COVID-19 fight.
- Local companies including Amazon, Starbucks and Microsoft have contributed to a local rental assistance fund, administered by United Way of King County.
- Amazon is donating $5m in devices.
- Facebook launches a small business grant program.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Connect — In The Neighborhood.
- Learn about the history of Earth Day from MOHAI
- Order from local producers — get fresh, local produce delivered.
- Get your dose of nature — no matter how small.
MOST RECENT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENTS
- Governor Inslee joined California Gov. Gavin Newsom and Oregon Gov. Kate Brown in announcing a shared vision for reopening west coast economies and controlling COVID-19 into the future.
- State officials announced they would set free as many as 950 prisoners to provide more physical distance and limit any potential outbreaks in correctional facilities.