The sea.citi Team
HOW TECH COMPANIES ARE SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES
- Google and Apple have partnered on COVID-19 contact tracing technology.
- Microsoft Store employees are helping people remotely. The company is also committing $35 million in tech and cloud support to its ongoing aid of nonprofits on the front lines of the COVID-19 fight.
- Local companies including Amazon, Starbucks and Microsoft have contributed to a local rental assistance fund, administered by United Way of King County.
- Amazon is donating $5m in devices.
- Facebook launches a small business grant program.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Connect — In The Neighborhood.
- Learn about the history of Earth Day from MOHAI
- Order from local producers — get fresh, local produce delivered.
- Get your dose of nature — no matter how small.
MOST RECENT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENTS
- Governor Inslee joined California Gov. Gavin Newsom and Oregon Gov. Kate Brown in announcing a shared vision for reopening west coast economies and controlling COVID-19 into the future.
- State officials announced they would set free as many as 950 prisoners to provide more physical distance and limit any potential outbreaks in correctional facilities.