We’re so excited to launch new content today! Scroll down to read more about sea.citi’s #CommunityConnections — it’s a way for you to share how you’re staying connected to your communities despite social distances.
The sea.citi Team
HOW TECH COMPANIES ARE SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITIES
- DoorDash is reducing commissions for local restaurant partners.
- Alice’s COVID-19 Business Resource Center now includes emergency grants.
- PhishCloud is offering a year of free service to prevent phishing scams.
- Facebook launched a misinformation warning.
- Microsoft is giving workers paid parental leave because of school disruptions.
- Google is also extending paid parental leave.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Volunteer — to help researchers understand how the COVID-19 outbreak is affecting mental health and relationships over time.
- Stay home — even though there is promising news things are getting better, visiting even one friend can undo our regional progress.
- Read, silently — The Stranger’s popular event goes digital.
- Spend your stimulus check wisely — if you like this newsletter, you’ll love The Evergrey’s suggestions.
- Get a library card and access Seattle Public Library’s online resources.
- Thanks to Brett from New Tech NW for making our jobs easier this week and sending along these cool opportunities:
MOST RECENT COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENTS
- Not COVID-19 related but a pretty big deal, the West Seattle Bridge will likely remain closed until 2022.
- Governor Inslee shared plans (though not dates) for reopening Washington State’s economy.
- Seattle Pride is going virtual this Summer.
- The Governor also expanded the statewide moratorium on evictions and froze rent hikes.
We are so proud of the many examples of how our region is weathering the global pandemic. We’ve shared with you how employers are stepping up, how philanthropy is rallying resources and how individuals are contributing. The next step is putting faces to these bullet points, we’re already hearing from tech industry and community leaders and we want to keep adding to these inspiring stories — tell us yours!