Ballots for the August 3rd primary have been mailed and should be at your door. If your ballot hasn’t shown up yet you can get a new one here.
Voting locally is one of the most impactful things you can do for your community. While you’re at it, hear what City Council candidates think of compromise.
P.S. Go TEAM USA!
Tech for Good Updates
- Zillow and Housing Connector helped nearly 2,000 people exiting homelessness find permanent housing in the last two years. Now they’re expanding into Pierce County
- Amazon employees stepped outside their normal roles to start the $150 million Black Business Accelerator
- Tableau’s Social Impact VP discusses how they are progressing on racial equity pledges made last summer
- Salesforce released new features to help nonprofits engage supporters and operate more efficiently
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Decide who to vote for with help from the Seattle Times voter guide
- Cook using Just the Recipe
- Find Ventures and opportunities
- Volunteer at a thrift shop
- Join the Advisory Council for Northwest Neighbors Network
- Learn to pair summer wines with summer bites
- Start a chain reaction
- Read from a script without making it obvious
- Sing and Dance into Summer
- Virtually gather your little kids for storytime
- Sue Bird the women’s basketball Seattle Storm star is going for her fifth straight Olympic gold medal in Tokyo and she’s one of two USA flag bearers for the opening ceremony tonight. Nothing to do here, it’s just super cool!
- Watch the Tokyo Olympics opening ceremony
- Balance your dual energies in business
- If you were planning on camping, hiking, or just playing in Eastern WA, make sure your romping grounds aren’t closed due to extreme fire danger
- The Johnson & Johnson’s vaccine produced fewer antibodies against the delta variant in a lab-based study; experts say recipients of the vaccine should not be worried
- The Seattle Chamber of Commerce may not have a mayoral PAC this year, but we’re still on course to have a record-breaking amount of money spent on the race