Next week, we’re bringing back Roadmap to Recovery events! Register now and we’ll see you on Zoom next Thursday for a conversation with former Seattle City Councilmember and current Government and Community Relations Manager at Sound Transit, Abel Pacheco.
The sea.citi Team ❤️
- Amazon teamed up with City University to help military veteran employees upskill.
- Female Founders Alliance announced their Champion Awards, including some sea.citi faves Technology Access Foundation and The Intentionalist.
- Tableau announced nearly $2M in grants aimed at providing educational opportunities for students of color across Seattle and King County. Including support for sea.citi’s very own Family Tech Support Center — Thank you, Tableau!
- Volunteer for the National Day of Civic Hacking on September 12th.
- Complete a broadband access and speed test to help identify gaps in high-speed internet service and areas of broadband infrastructure needs.
- Volunteer to distribute meals to Seattle Public Schools families.
- Become “Phone Friends” with King County seniors.
- Get a flu shot!
- Drink beer to support Black-owned businesses and the Urban League of Metropolitan Seattle.
- Pretend you’re back in the office with the sounds of colleagues.
- King County launched a new rental assistance program.
- Seattle City Council is taking some time to “reset” before acting on the Mayor’s budget veto.
- The Seattle Art Museum and Frye Art Museum are reopening.
- The Seattle Mariners and Sounders joined teams refusing to play to protest police shooting of Jacob Blake.