Tomorrow is the first day of school for 1st-12th graders at Seattle Public Schools (SPS). Many other districts have already started the academic year. The Family Tech Support Center that sea.citi helped launch and run when schools first shut down helped SPS plan for long-term investments to equitably support remote learning going forward. Support from Tableau Foundation and All In WA’s Digital Equity Initiative is bringing together tech, nonprofits philanthropy and the public — we believe together we can bridge the digital divide for all students.
The sea.citi Team ❤️
- Apple and Google are launching a new auto-generated software framework to help states deploy their own contact tracing apps.
- Facebook announced new measures to attempt to keep its platform from being manipulated to influence how people vote.
- The Pacific Science Center’s in-person summer camps were a huge success!
- sea.citi, Tableau, Google, Amazon, and other tech companies joined forces to support digital equity in Seattle Public Schools.
- Uber will require selfie verification of masks to protect drivers.
- Subscribe to Coronavirus News For Black Folks
- Read about amazing women.
- Enjoy the Pike Place Market.
- Gov. Inslee announced additional federal funding for local governments.
- King County released updates to its strategic climate action plan.
- Gov. Inslee extended emergency COVID-19 proclamations.
- King County Council voted to remove its Director of Law Enforcement Oversight.
- King County launched a program to help families affected by the pandemic to buy groceries.
- MoPop is reopening.
sea.citi Roadmap to Recovery Series
TODAY: Sound Transit — 12:00-12:30pm PT
Hear from Abel Pacheco, Government and Community Relations Manager at Sound Transit.
We’ll ask Abel about the pandemic’s impact to regional transportation infrastructure and how Sound Transit is planning for the future.
NEXT WEEK: Let’s talk about elections! Kendall LeVan Hodson from King County Elections will join us Thursday, September 10, 12:00-12:30pm.