Kids are back in school, the mornings are crisp, and local political commentary is ramping up. Fall is on its way.
Tech for Good Updates
- Amazon aids in disaster relief, donating more than 140,000 items to areas hit by Hurricane Ida
- King County released a new dashboard showing the effectiveness of vaccines in the current case loads, despite the rise in breakthrough cases
- Uber & Lyft will cover all the legal fees of any of their drivers who are sued under Texas’s restrictive new abortion law
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Tell Seattle Times how your commute may change with light rail
- Taste 3 yummy vegan places in Seattle for a day of plant-based eating
- Meet the pizza salad
- Explore the risks and rewards of mushroom hunting in the Northwest
- Check out 35 art shows and festivals to see in Seattle
- Light Up the Sound
- Learn about 9/11 memorial events in the area.
- An outdoor mask mandate went into effect early this week in King and Pierce counties, requiring masks at events with more than 500 people
- The ongoing political saga of Compassion Seattle has come to an end as the appeal fails; backers promise to support candidates who supported the initiative
- King County will rollout a “vaccine verification” system as early as October for local businesses