Despite the many difficulties of 2020, our team is feeling thankful — for new and strengthened community partnerships, for the way our member companies stepped up to help, and for this weekly connection to you, our readers! Our theme for this year’s Thanksgiving celebration is keeping it local. We’re switching things up to bring you a Small Business Saturday Guide today and a Giving Tuesday Guide next week.
The sea.citi Team
Thanksgiving + Small Business Saturday
- No matter if and how you’re celebrating on Thursday, everybody’s gotta eat, right? Eater Seattle has some suggestions for local takeout, whether you have a [small] gathering or are dining solo.
- They also have a local food-and-beverage-themed gift guide
- Find BIPOC-, women- and LGBTQ-owned retailers on Intentionalist
- The City of Seattle launched a Shop Your Block map
- Seattle Met has a list of essential Seattle shops
- Masks make a great gift right now, order one from a local artisan
- Take a Food Walk in the ID
- Shop the Hill
- Visit Ballard
- Think big, shop small in West Seattle
Next week… we know your inbox will be overflowing with Giving Tuesday appeals, we’ll curate a list of community-based organizations working at the intersection of tech, equity and education. Stay tuned!