As this coronacoaster of a year winds down, many of us are closely following vaccine news. If you’re one of those people, the Washington State Department of Health has a dedicated COVID-19 vaccine page.
The sea.citi Team
- A number of local companies, including sea.citi members Expedia, Flying Fish Partners, Madrona Venture Group, Vulcan and Zillow, signed the Washington Employers for Racial Equity Pledge
- Facebook launched ‘Drives,’ a feature for collecting food, clothing and other necessities for people in need
- Fndr, an investment marketplace that uses an algorithm to remove bias from investing, is launching its first portfolio
- Google is tackling mental health among staff with resilience training
- Microsoft donated $7.5M to Code.org to help students learn about AI concepts and ethics
- Microsoft confirmed it will launch a world-class, sustainable datacenter region in Sweden in 2021
- In partnership with Microsoft and others, Urban Housing Ventures created a fund that enables investors to buy existing, market-rate apartments, then lower up to 40% of the units to middle-income levels
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Request your online Democracy Vouchers — elections happen every year, start planning for 2021 today!
- Watch Coded Bias, a documentary about the threats artificial intelligence poses to civil rights and democracy
- Onboard remote employees
- Use Slack the way Slack uses Slack
- Close your eyes and listen while supporting radio producers, musicians, and sound artists
- Unlock your creativity