Whether you’re lighting the last candle on the menorah tonight or are in the final stages of other holiday planning, we wish you safe and peaceful celebrations. No Community Updates next week but we’ll get some actions and distractions in your inbox the following week.
The sea.citi Team
- Did you see our 2020 Annual Report?
Tech for Good Updates
- Facebook invested $150M in affordable housing in the Bay area.
- Facebook added COVID-19 misinformation notifications.
- Greenlist is a tool that empowers companies to start a sustainable office lifestyle.
- Google is adding a COVID-19 vaccine information panel to search.
- Google announced a flexible work week, even after employees return to the office.
- RealNetworks released a free mask check app.
- TikTok rolled out new well being focused features
- Twitch introduced a new hateful conduct and harassment policy.
- Twitter will start removing covid vaccine misinformation.
- Entrepreneurs and corporate leaders unite in support of Black-owned businesses.
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Learn more about Democracy Vouchers and request yours — it’s a BIG deal that we have in Seattle!
- Hear Stories of Resilience — today at 11am
- Plan your next career move at New Tech NW’s Virtual Education & Career Advancement Fair
- Join The Evergrey and Civic Commons in a discussion about how Seattle can create a welcoming and inclusive community for people from all backgrounds — tonight at 6pm
- Get answers to our questions about the new covid vaccines in the U.S.
- B There for people you love
- Compose a Blob Opera
- Gov. Inslee clarified the rules for in-person learning, encouraging districts where new COVID-19 cases average less than 350 per 100,000 people to start reopening elementary schools.
- A federal judge is considering whether to stop a sweep of people experiencing homelessness at Cal Anderson Park.
- Mayor Durkan issued an executive order to extend City of Seattle COVID-19 closures and relief policies.