We love hearing from you and have been bowled over by all the positive feedback we’ve received about our Community Updates. Can we ask a favor? Next time one of these updates makes you say, “Hmm, that’s interesting,” forward it to a friend.
P.S. Have you registered yet for our Tuesday event “Beyond the Build: Investing Our Way out of the Housing Crisis“?
Tech for Good Updates
- Google announced Grow with Google: Black Women Lead, an initiative to train 100,000 Black women in digital skills by 2022
- Reverb is teaming up with DEI expert and author Cheryl Ingram to create a virtual program to meet the surge in demand for diversity training
- Spotify announced its Work from Anywhere program
- Uber will offer free rides to Walgreens to expand Covid vaccine access in underserved communities
- A volunteer team of software engineers is making it easier to find available vaccination appointments.
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Track plans to tax the rich in the 2021 Washington Legislature
- Apply to join the Seattle Women’s Commission
- Read books by Black authors
- Listen to Tree FM
- Recreate your favorite bar’s atmosphere
- See art in person
- Gov. Inslee announced an expansion of statewide COVID-19 testing, including partnering with school districts.
- Seattle City Council voted to distribute COVID-19 vaccines equitably.
- Gov. Inslee announced that K-12 schools across the state can reopen for in-classroom instruction.
- A new public-private partnership is focusing on bringing more vaccines to Black and brown communities in Washington state