Events are back! First up, our CEO Nick is joining our friends at sf.citi to compare the tech policy landscapes of San Francisco and Seattle.
On deck, sea.citi is launching a new event series: Beyond the Build. On February 23, we’re hosting a group of local leaders who will shed some light on short-term fixes and long-term solutions to our regional housing crisis.
The sea.citi Team
Tech for Good Updates
- Amazon partnered with Virginia Mason to vaccinate 2,000 people at a one-day covid vaccination clinic on their SLU campus.
- Google pledged $150M to promote vaccine education and equitable access.
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Plan ahead — Democracy Vouchers will be sent out to eligible Seattle voters on Feb 9. Check out the list of participating candidates and decide how you’ll use yours.
- Learn helpful information about landslide preparation, earthquake retrofits, tree regulations, and rental housing rules at the Seattle Home Fairs, Jan 30 and Feb 6
- Understand the disproportionate impact of COVID-19 on BIPOC communities
- Convince an AI that you’re the best artist
- See the evolution of the scrollbar
- The federal government is increasing the weekly allotment of COVID-19 vaccines to Washington.
- Seattle City Council approved a $4/hour hazard pay increase for grocery workers.
- The State Senate introduced a bill to ban firearms at public demonstrations and the state Capitol.
- The highly contagious variant of COVID-19 has been reported in Pierce and Snohomish Counties.
Meet the Team
There are 3 humans on our team but the real WFH heroes are our emotional support staff!