Yesterday, the King County Council unanimously approved a motion that would provide aid and support to Ukraine and Ukrainian people in King County. With the war continuing in such a grotesque fashion it’s clear Ukraine needs as much help as it can get.
The sea.citi Team
P.S. It’s going to be warm today but don’t get used to it.
Tech for Good Updates
- The Nature Conservancy and Geosyntec Consultants created First-of-its-kind stormwater ‘heat map’ lighting up pollutants fouling waters in Washington state
- Retired Microsoft executive goes from Seattle houseboat to Poland, transporting Ukrainian refugees
- Amazon is No. 1 on LinkedIn’s annual ranking of top 50 companies where people want to work in U.S.
- AT&T launched The Achievery, a free digital learning platform designed to make distance learning more engaging, entertaining, and inspiring for K-12 students.
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Start an Urban Vegetable Garden
- REST Sip & Savor for charity
- Catch the last few days of the Moisture Festival
- Help redraw the boundaries of Seattle’s seven City Council Districts
- Enjoy the Seattle Cherry Blossom & Japanese Cultural Festival
- Learn how 3D-printed tortoise shells could help save this threatened species
- Thank Pete Davidson, Netflix has added a short-ass movie category
- Explore how the pandemic spotlighted inequities and opportunities in WA education
- Eat Eat Eat: Food Festival Is Bringing Together Some of Seattle’s Hottest Pop-Ups This Month
- Cool! Two Seattle-area students are finalists in NASA design contest for lunar dirt-digging robots