This week we’re saying goodbye to our CEO Nicholas Merriam as he takes on new tech/impact adventures with Housing Connector. Nick’s leadership and passion for equity and inclusiveness paved sea.citi’s programs, mission, and community engagement. We’re going to miss him.
The sea.citi Team
Tech for Good Updates
- Google Lands First Subsea Cable in Africa to Spur Digital Access
- Comcast shares its code to boost open source security
- Google Search’s new highly cited label helps you get to the source of a story
- Thread, AWS partner on next-gen tech for clinical trials
- LinkedIn adds newsletters to help job seekers build communities
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Meet Ameera, the newest Muppet who teaches kids affected by conflict and crisis
- Read the White House’s Proclamation on Transgender Day Of Visibility, 2022
- Learn about International Transgender Day of Visibility
- Eat eat EAT eat EAT 🍴
- Earth Month 2022
Each year, in the weeks leading up to Earth Day (April 22nd) CEJS, in partnership with various Seattle University departments and student groups, encourages action and participation in initiatives that focus on the urgent need for environmental justice, sustainability, and climate solutions. Learn more.
- Stuck in an actual office again and tomorrow is April 1st? Here are 10 Fun April Fools Office Pranks That Won’t Get You Fired
- Remember the Swiss farmers who experienced the record spaghetti crop and harvested noodles from trees.
- Explore Vegan Friendly Restaurants in Seattle
- King County lost population last year for the first time in almost 50 years
- The CDC is recommending booster shots for people over 50 years old
- Tech Moves: sea.citi CEO steps down; Redfin adds board member; Radian taps strategy exec
- Trans Day of Visibility: Gender neutral passports will be available to U.S. citizens beginning April 11
- New supply chain risk: 22,000 dockworkers who could go on strike