Sustained citizen demonstrations and ongoing corporate actions help those of us who didn’t already know: the fight for justice is a marathon not a sprint. Make sure you’re taking care of yourself for the long haul.
The sea.citi Team
- This week’s big news rippling through the industry was President Trump’s executive order temporarily suspending work visas for H-1B holders.
- Microsoft announced commitments to address racial equity internally.
- Show up for Pride — though it will look different this year, Pride weekend has so many opportunities to engage and celebrate.
- Design for diversity — this podcast provides a framework.
- Tonight! Join a conversation about affordable housing.
- Your life is finite, spend it in the sunlight.
- Governor Inslee announced a statewide mandate requiring facial coverings in public.
- The King County Library System is beginning its reopening process.
- The Seattle Aquarium and Woodland Park Zoo are reopening next week.
sea.citi Roadmap to Recovery Series
We’re taking a couple of weeks off and coming back on July 9 to talk about the education landscape in Seattle — hopefully, we’ll have a clearer picture of what school will look like in the fall.
Public Education When You Can’t Be “In Public” — Thu. July 9, 12:00-12:30pm PT
Join a conversation with Lisa Chick, CEO of Alliance for Education, about how the quick shift to digital learning might play out in how education happens in the future. And how the pandemic has exacerbated inequitable education outcomes for students of color and other marginalized student groups. REGISTER NOW!
In the meantime, you can read about the complexity and interconnectedness of the issues our region will need to overcome as we reopen and define the “new normal.”