As we head into a holiday weekend without official fireworks shows, here are some ideas for other ways to celebrate Independence Day.
Have a safe Fourth of July!
The sea.citi Team
- Amazon will match employee donations to 12 social justice organizations selected with the help of Amazon’s Black Employee Network until July 6.
- Facebook banned a network of far-right boogaloo accounts.
- Holler’s CEO, Travis Montaque, outlines how to rewire your corporate culture to promote diversity.
- Microsoft plans to provide digital skills training for 25 million people affected by the pandemic.
- Netflix pledged up to $100 million toward ‘economic opportunity for Black communities’.
- Twitch suspended President Trump’s channel, citing ‘hateful conduct.’
- 👁👄👁.fm — A diverse group of young entrepreneurs and technologists raised more than $200,000 for three charities supporting people of color and the LGBTQ community.
- Send a care package to an essential worker.
- Election season is just around the corner — get your civics muscles warmed up by tracking how your federal representative voted.
- Plan your summer travel responsibly.
- Mayor Durkan signed an executive order declaring “gathering [at CHOP] an unlawful assembly.” Police began dispersing protesters at 5am.
- Seattle Public Schools shared more details about what in-person school might look like in the fall.
- Gov. Inslee paused approvals for counties to move to Phase 4 of reopening.
- Bumbershoot 2020 is canceled.
Join a conversation with Lisa Chick, CEO of Alliance for Education, about how the quick shift to digital learning might play out in how education happens in the future. And how the pandemic has exacerbated inequitable education outcomes for students of color and other marginalized student groups. REGISTER NOW!