This week’s news that counting efforts will end a month earlier than previously announced means that historical undercounts of some communities will likely be exacerbated. If you’re interested in supporting census turnout efforts, Philanthropy Northwest has a list of more than 80 organizations across the state that are raising awareness and doing outreach to historically undercounted populations. Also, don’t forget to fill out your own form.
The sea.citi Team ❤️
- Black Founders Matter made its first investment.
- Google is expanding the capabilities of its Assistant to accommodate “schooling from home.”
- Microsoft shared details about its strategies for waste reduction.
- TechCrunch has rolling updates on the situation in Beirut, including ways to help and how the burgeoning startup scene is faring.
- Uber announced corporate employees can WFH until June 2021.
- Seattle tech companies are still hiring! Including a flurry of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion jobs: Amazon, Amazon, AWS, Rover, Smartsheet, Tableau
- Help Seattle’s oldest sushi restaurant. 🍣
- Support local artists. 🎨
- Make the most of remote work by thinking of it as a platform. 💻
- Read science-based advice on managing COVID-19 risks. 🔬
- Become a COVID-19 contact tracer with Purdue University’s online course.🦠
- Play Video Call Bingo. 🤣
- Seattle City Council approved proposals to defund the Seattle Police Department.
- Preliminary primary results: Crosscut, Seattle Times, Washington State.
- State officials say it’s unsafe for most students to return to school buildings in the fall.
- Gov. Inslee extended the utility shutoff moratorium.
- Gov. Inslee issued a proclamation to establish contact tracing privacy safeguards.
- Despite overall lower infection rates in King County, hot spots persist in areas with greater shares of low-income households.
- The Space Needle is open!