We hope you have been able to enjoy the summer weather, remember to #maintainsocialdistance and #keepitmoving — #crowdedparksleadtoclosedparks.
The sea.citi Team
- If you missed the tech antitrust hearing, Protocol has extensive coverage and The Verge has a rundown of everything you need to know.
- Does the ongoing shift to WFH threaten innovation hubs? Geekwire asked the experts and they are divided.
- Kudos to sea.citi members Remitly and Tableau for winning Geekwire Awards.
- Zillow makes a big WFH shift.
- Did you miss the deadline to register online to vote? You can still register in-person — see #3 on this list.
- Have you dropped off your ballot yet? King County recommends dropping your ballot in the mail by the Friday before Election Day (THAT’S TOMORROW) to make sure it gets postmarked in time to be counted.
- Donate blood at one of Bloodworks Northwest’s pop ups.
- Manage your Zoom fatigue with these tips.
- Make things pretty with this Dictionary of Color Combinations.
- Return your library books.
- Gov. Inslee has extended the pause on Washington’s phased reopening indefinitely.
- Local government workers will continue to WFH until 2021.
- King County wants to make Juneteenth a paid holiday.
- King County released a report that finds 20% of households lack reliable internet.
- Your Seattle November ballot will include a sales tax increase to fund bus service.