This week’s newsletter is cake.
The sea.citi Team
- Amazon updated its positions page to include support for the equitable treatment of Black people.
- Apple commited to be 100% carbon neutral for its supply chain and products by 2030.
- Comcast donated $50,000 to help to improve technology access for job seekers.
- Facebook will study whether its algorithms are racially biased.
- Microsoft outlined new steps on their path to be carbon negative by 2030.
- Register to vote — before July 27! 🇺🇸
- Join an online discussion on navigating housing during the pandemic. 🏠
- Are you still washing your hands all the time? This hand washing guide for Certified Nursing Assistants is a thorough reminder of how to do it right. 💪
- Volunteer — help the team at Virufy develop an Android app that transforms smartphones into COVID testing kits. 🦠
- Learn about Native American and Indigenous culture from TikTokkers. 🌎
- Figure out your micro-stresses and manage them to avoid burnout. 🤪
- Draw a circle — or at least try to. < This link works best on your 📱phone.
- Seattle Public Schools will be online only this fall.
ICYMI, we shared some insights about what it will take to close the digital divide for remote instruction.
- Your November King County ballot will include proposals to strip power from the Sheriff’s Office.