COVID-19 cases keep rising and we’re (still) not headed back to the office and now schools are considering a return to remote learning. All this hunkering down has also hurt our local blood supply; donating blood is an important and impactful way you can help the community during these times when volunteer opportunities are sparse.
Tech for Good Updates
- Equity in Education Coalition was awarded a $2.3 million grant from Commerce to provide students across the state with culturally literate digital navigation services
- Uplevel plans to implement a four-day workweek to enhance the productivity and happiness of its employees
- Microsoft, Airbnb, and four other major companies have pledged not to donate to Republican election objectors in 2022.
Individual Actions & Distractions
- Build a Hackey New Year
- Donate blood, it’s in short supply
- Find a PCR test, if you need it
- Help restore the critical habitat at South Rose Hill Park
- MLK Day of Service with Green Snoqualmie at Jeanne Hansen Park
- MLK Day of Service at South Rose Hill Park
- Check out a list of MLK Day of Service volunteer opportunities